We hope you enjoyed the holidays and that 2017 is off to a positive start for you and your family. Around this time of year we’re all striving to make positive changes in our lives by adhering to a New Years Resolution, but how often do we stick to them? How often does anyone achieve their New Years goals?
Did you know that last year…
- 60% of adults say they’ll make a resolution but only 40% follow through in setting their goal.
- Just 8% of people achieved their resolution.
- 39% of those who were successful are in their twenties, while 14% are over the age of fifty.
- 47% of resolutions were related to education and 38% were related to weight.
- 75% of people stick to their resolution for the first week and 64% make it one month.
If you’re having a hard time coming up with a New Years Resolution, why not strive to improve your Oral Health by brushing every day after lunch? Everyone knows to brush after breakfast and before bed, but for some reason an afternoon brush is often overlooked.
Make a habit out of keeping a tooth brush at your workplace, and take a moment to clean your teeth after lunch – your email can wait. Keep your workplace tooth brush well covered, dry it after each use and change it more frequently than your home brush (due to germs). Brushing your teeth will help protect them from decay, refresh you, and get rid of the garlic taste from that pasta you ate. Your mouth will appreciate it and so will your coworkers.
Good luck in 2017!